Friday, June 24, 2005

Private Shit

For everyone who knows me, they know I have bizarre issues with 'going # 2' in public washrooms. I hate it, and often hold it for as long as it takes until I reach the warm and comforting arms of my bathroom at home.
I have left restaurants, bars and parties to go home and make a dirty, and then return to the event at hand.
At work (a retail store) there is a staff and public washroom, side by side. I don't have too much of an issue with going there now because I have been working for this store for far too long. But, I have equipped the facilities with all the necessary amenities to make sure my experience is a good one (cologne to spray afterwards, extra toilet paper, a toilet brush and a door jam).
Yesterday I went into the staff washroom and seated myself for my daily release.
There was a knock at the door after the point of no return.
My face went red, I mean, if you try the door, and it is locked, there is a pretty good chance that someone is in there, so whey then is it necessary to knock.
"Yup, someone's in here", I said.
'Someone', like I wasn't exactly sure who was in there, or like I wanted to remain anonymous? I'm surprised I didn't disguise my voice.
"Yeah Der is somevone in here dare dare".
It was Suzanne. She's new, maybe a month under her belt.
Suzanne is the type of person that Saturday Night Live skits are based on.
She is a very nice girl. From a small town. Grew up on a farm.
One day she came to work looking like a Mennonite. Long flowing skirt and long flowing white blouse over top, hair in a pony tail and not a stitch of makeup.
She's one of those people who refer to their parents as mom and dad when she's telling you a story.
"I was gardening the other day and Mom drove in and was pretending to hit me with her car, so after she went inside, I filled up my watering jug and I dumped it all over her car".
(Insert creepy giggle here)
Very, very sweet girl, but pretty eccentric.
"Do you know how long you're going to be?"
I sat there, mid shit, thinking to myself, 'no, she didn't just ask how long it will take me to finish shitting'.
I was stunned, all that I could get out was
"Umm, what?"
Then she said it again, only louder this time, because I guess she thought my misunderstanding was a volume problem and she needed to speak up so I could hear her through the door.
"DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG YOU'RE GOING TO BE?"
By this time my face is burning red. I have never been so embarrassed while having a bowelmovement in my life, and believe me, I get easily embarrassed when it comes to anything that goes down in a washroom.
I sat on the toilet wondering why God was doing this to me.
I hummed and hawed and couldn't think of an appropriate response.
'Well, at the current force that I am pushing I estimate that all solid waste should have exited my body in approximately 3 and 1/2 minutes'.
Nope, that wouldn't work.
I was speechless.
Thank God Suzanne was there to help me.
"If I come back in five minutes will that give you enough time?"
I looked for a rock to crawl under, there were only logs.
"Umm, Yes"
Then she said goodbye and I heard her leave the area where the washrooms are.
I finished.
Washed my hands and ran away from the toilet as fast as I could.
I saw Suzanne in the men's denim section.
"All done?"
I just kept going and she walked into the washroom.
I wanted to go back and knock on the door and ask her if it smelled badly in there, and if I could do anything to help.
But, I realize that she is just very innocent.
I guess maybe back at the farm her family is all about estimates.
So, I left her alone.
BUT, I think I might be back to holding it for a while, I have a comfort level that was just blown right the fuck out of the water!

2 Comments:

Blogger Another Apartment in Blogville. said...

oh my god!! Suzanne sounds adorable!!!
hahhaha
"How much longer will you be?"
HAHAHAHA!
What a rude question - even though I am sure she SOOOO didn't mean it to be rude.
that's hilarious.

6:32 AM  
Blogger prettybrownbird said...

you should have followed her, waited a minute until she was involved in the bathroom, and then knocked, asking her how long she was going to be.
fucking idiot.
who does that????
my poor zion's comfort level is now shot all to hell.

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home