Sunday, June 26, 2005

Hi

I started something tonight
with no real end in sight
all of it was in my grasp
like floating epitomes that hung by me like mosquitoes
I swatted them away
not that I didn't want them
I didn't want to confuse them
losing one brilliance at the overbearing heart of the other
it was tragic to sway one in light of another
but I fought to remember them
classify them, have a word that identified them
a clue that would trigger me to remember
like dipping my hand in hot chili and hoping I picked the right bean
and we never do
and that moment is lost, and it is forgotten
and sometimes we never get it back
in a shadow that passes we enlighten and forget
and these thoughts
that only my indecision allows me to have
I come back
again and again
and try to feel like the thoughts perfection
and I only have a day pass.

1 Comments:

Blogger Another Apartment in Blogville. said...

that about sums it up for me this year, for real.
only my "day pass" got taken away from me, for drunken misconduct.

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home