Friday, October 28, 2005

Insert appropriate title here fucker

Ok,
So, I was chatting online with this guy i talk to all the time. He's a really cool guy, and this is not meant to bag on him. But, we started talking about why I had moved to Calgary. So I told him about my fantastic boyfriend, and how much I loved him, and then online friend puked so I started to talk about the job market and how great it is out here, and the mountains, and hot guys in cowboy hats.
THEN
He says who the fuck would ever move to Calgary?
I was like, "Oh, why?"
And he starts going on about homophobic mormons, and dead gays found in parks. Now, I assume that the dead gays in the park reference goes back to some old murder that happened here where a gay guy's body was found in a park.
I love how a body can be gay too.
Anyway, fine, that's absolute shit, but like that same shit doesn't happen EVERYWHERE, we don't live in a fucking bubble.
Fine, Calgary may be a bit more right wing, but there is still a gay pride parade and celebration once a year,same as the almighty Toronto.
And so what, i should go live in a gay ghetto because I'm afraid of straight people or ashamed of who I am am?
Fuck that.
No one needs to have their place of residence dictated by how many mormons there are in the area.
I say fuck mormons, and every other organized religion that tells me that I am an abomination.
If there is a god, he made all of us, and he made gay ghettos and he made suburbs and he made rural areas, and the gays are in all of those spots.
Don't bag on a city because you felt threatened there.
No one should be telling you where to live.
Live and let live, so long as none of them fuckin christians try to hit on me!

1 Comments:

Blogger Another Apartment in Blogville. said...

well..the plane ride...how was it?

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home